Sunday, January 9, 2011

Before & After

Today has been a very productive painting day and it's not even over yet! The Puffin's grass is next and then that one will be complete as well!

Sometimes my students tell me they wish their painting was the same as mine....well, I have a rule about that....if I'm teaching a painting, theirs should not be like mine as it is their painting. They should interpret things a little differently and also be focusing on learning and practicing the techniques involved.

Practice is the key to almost everything and painting is no exception.

So I challenged myself to repaint the very first painting I ever did - a fruit still life. I completed this about 15 years ago I guess and was tickled pink with how it came out! Over the last many years, I've hidden it away as I thought it was very bad. Well, it's really not that bad, but I've improved based on many hours of practice.

So, I have finished my new version...I've changed up the composition a little, but not much...even that needed some improving! I'm going to try and remember to repaint it again in 15 years to see the progression. Hopefully there will be more improvements!

Let me know what you think!

Before

After

1 comment:

  1. You have done an excellent update, I say. the strawberrys look tastier!

    ReplyDelete