Wednesday, December 26, 2012

12 Days of Christmas - A Review of 2012 Artwork

I've seen a few artists do this, and I thought it was a fabulous idea. So for the 12 Days of Christmas I will pick my 12 favourite pieces of artwork that I completed in 2012. I'll be posting my favs over the next 12 days....come back each day to see what will be revealed!!! There may even be some special pricing!!!

In no particular order.....here is #1. Well, this one is my absolute favourite this year.....read on to find out why.

"Always Remember"
20" x 20"

One of my most recently completed paintings in 2012. I painted this on Remembrance Day weekend which was less than 2 months from our recent visit to the WW1 memorials in France - Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial in remembrance of the 1st Battalion of the Newfoundland Regiment who were all but wiped out on their first major engagement on July 1st, 1916 during the Battle of the Somme. This is only one of 5 memorials in France and Belgium commemorating the Newfoundland Regiment's contribution to the Great War. The site is one of the few in France or Belgium where a visitor can see the trench lines of a Great War battlefield and the related terrain. Purchased in 1921 by the people of Newfoundland, the memorial site is still owned by the Province.

We also visited the Canadian Memorial at Vimy Ridge, which was very moving as well.

My mother had a relative who fought in the area during the Great War - Gerald Kennedy. So this is for him and all of the other military and support people, who have fought throughout the years for freedom and peace.

This painting is going the framer the first thing in the new year and will be ready to purchase mid-January. I will offer this painting for purchase at the unframed price until December 31st. After that, the price will increase based on the cost of the framing. Special price is now $800.




No comments:

Post a Comment