Artist Goals 2012: To continue to find avenues to learn, produce and display artwork.
· Continue to increase my knowledge of various painting techniques and styles through online courses and/or local workshops. I've been participating in some webinar courses by Johannes Vloothuis, and will continue to do so throughout the year, as long as he keeps offering them...
· Start a monthly painting challenge where we will focus on a particular technique or subject to explore. I have posted 2 painting challenges so far this year, not quite monthly...
· Start a “create together” day once a month for the members of Arts Northeast to learn from each other, and perhaps have guest participants to increase our knowledge. Attempted, but have not been able to meet due to changing work schedules, snowbirds, and weather. Should start in June.
· Create a defined body of work (10-20 pieces) using a theme. Have started this...a lot of research completed and 2 pieces painted. Distracted by painting for the Arts Northeast exhibition. I had anticipated if we had 2 shows this year with Arts Northeast, then this goal will span into 2013 as well. One more is sketched out and ready to go up on the easel to paint!
· Create up to 30 pieces of artwork for 2 exhibitions in 2012 with Arts Northeast. Created 14 new pieces for the May show. On target if we have 2 exhibitions....
· Spend more time sketching/drawing by completing one small piece per week. Not quite one a week, but art is moving forward.
· Complete more plein air paintings. It's Newfoundland....way to cold to venture out for this yet. This is strictly a summer/fall activity.
· Complete several winter/Christmas theme artwork. One completed and one sketched in ready to go....
· Increase my online presence through use of facebook, my website, my blog and online art stores, such as Kijiji, Fine Art America, Etsy, and Zazzle. Original artwork and photography online with Fine Art America, Etsy, and ImageKind. Prints listed on Kijiji. Now posting with Twitter. New blog set up for Arts Northeast. Completing free online tutorials on a variety of painting subjects for my website for student use.
· Explore venues for two exhibitions with Arts Northeast. One exhibition complete...decision on second one for this year tomorrow.
· Explore venues for exhibitions outside of the Northeast Avalon. Contacted one gallery and working on a few others.
· Submit artwork to juried and non-juried art competitions/exhibits locally and globally. Have passed on this so far this year...subjects of local exhibits have not struck my fancy at this time.Progress in 2012 seems to be on track...hopefully the momentum will continue.