Sunday, June 12, 2011

Catching Up

It has been too long since I last posted....a lot going on....including painting....

I have several unfinished paintings all being worked on simultaneously.....
  • Rudbeckia hirta (Black-Eyed Susan, which has a brown center, not black funny enough)
  • The Grass is Greener....family Gramineae (Poaceae). I had "finished" this one and posted it....but decided (along with some painting friends) that it needed something else...well a ladybug it is! Have to add one in....
  • Concrete steps with fallen yellow/orange maple leaves (most likely Acer saccharum) on them
  • a lighthouse from Pigeon Point, California
  • rocks on a beach near Bay Roberts, with some Aseophyllum Nodosum (kelp) and a broken Strongylocentrotus droebachiensis (sea urchin) with the Aristotle's lantern showing
  • and the Arches, Utah painting (for me)....
PS - Had to get those scientific names in...lol

I also completed a painting as a gift for one of my goddaughters, who was received her first communion/confirmation last weekend. I'll post that in a separate blog.

In other painting news, we have officially formed our art group...ARTS NORTHEAST. We will be having our first show at Masonic Temple starting July 24....more details in a separate blog post. And we are in the process of confirming our second show. Very exciting and a lot of planning involved!

And in news unrelated to painting.....we have a new Shih Tzu puppy.....I'll post a pix of Taz also in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment