Thursday, February 14, 2013

I Heart Valentine's Day!

One of my fellow Arts Northeast members threw us a challenge 2 days ago...create artwork with heart as the theme. So I did....

I wanted to do a shadowed heart on white paper with colour surrounding it.

So I proceeded to tear a heart out of art paper and placed it on another sheet of art paper. Then I used various colours and techniques to apply the colours.

When I was finished, I had 2 pieces of artwork - the shadowed heart I had intended to complete, and the hand-torn heart itself!

"Shadowed Heart"
 

"I Heart Colour"
 
 
I think I like "I Heart Colour" best. I also had created a monotype print a few months back that is also Valentine's Day related....


 
"Shades of Love"

I hope you had a great Valentine's Day and I hope you enjoyed my holiday themed artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment