The time of the year has come to reflect upon what has been accomplished (see my recent post - 2011 Progress Update) and what should be planned for the following year. Below you will find the list of what I am striving to accomplish in 2012 with my artwork.
Artist Goals 2012: To continue to find avenues to learn, produce and display artwork.
· Continue to increase my knowledge of various painting techniques and styles through online courses and/or local workshops.
· Start a monthly painting challenge where we will focus on a particular technique or subject to explore.
· Start a “create together” day once a month for the members of Arts Northeast to learn from each other, and perhaps have guest participants to increase our knowledge.
· Create a defined body of work (10-20 pieces) using a theme.
· Create up to 30 pieces of artwork for 2 exhibitions in 2012 with Arts Northeast.
· Spend more time sketching/drawing by completing one small piece per week.
· Complete more plein air paintings.
· Complete several winter/Christmas theme artwork.
· Increase my online presence through use of facebook, my website, my blog and online art stores, such as Kijiji, Fine Art America, Esty, and Zazzle.
· Explore venues for two exhibitions with Arts Northeast.
· Explore venues for exhibitions outside of the Northeast Avalon.
· Submit artwork to juried and non-juried art competitions/exhibits locally and globally.